2 of 10 people who visits my blog use Firefox!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Beckham is ready to move to LA Galaxy, David Beckham says he is moving to LA Galaxy to be "part of history".

David Beckham, who yesterday signed a £128m deal to move to Major League Soccer's LA Galaxy, has again insisted that he's not doing it for the money, but to be a "part of history".

"Of course it's a huge amount of money ... it's an amazing amount of money," Beckham told ABC News' Good Morning America. "I said yesterday and some people laughed at me, but this move for me is not about the money, it's about hopefully making a difference in the US with the soccer and that's what I'm going there for.

The five-year deal will see Beckham earn more than £70,000 a day - more than any player has ever earned. "I think soccer can be a lot bigger in the US. From a young age kids are brought up with soccer - they're brought up with soccer to a certain age and then they seem to go into other areas. Hopefully that's what I'll be there for, to pass my experience on to them.





0 comments: