2 of 10 people who visits my blog use Firefox!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Robben At Odds With Mourinho

The rift between Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and winger Arjen Robben appears to be intensifying after the player was left on the bench for the Carling Cup final against Arsenal on Sunday. Arjen Robben came on at half-time and helped set up the winning goal for Didier Drogba as the Blues triumphed 2-1.

However, Mourinho appears to be unhappy that Robben continues to pick up niggling injuries that rule him out of important games. After the Liverpool match in January, when Robben went off with an ankle injury, Mourinho was quoted as saying: "Some players are back from injury quickly and others like Robben take a long time. He is injured a lot and never for a small period - always a long time."

Robben himself told Dutch TV that he was upset to be benched for the Arsenal game.
"You will have to ask the manager about that," he said. "You can't be as angry as I was about it. For me, it's about time I was starting games. I was pleased about the assist I gave for the second goal and it showed what I could do."

0 comments: